Thursday, February 21, 2013

The Changes Are Happening In Cullen

Nowadays I would be a stranger in Cullen not many there now I would know
For the last time I was in the Village I must go back twenty six years ago
The babies back then now young adults the Seasons seemed to go so fast
And all that remains are the memories the fading memories of the past.

The last time that I was in Cullen the dark gray clouds drizzled down rain
The Araglen river was bank high and a brown flood in the roadside drain
But in the old pubs in the Village there was laughter and dancing and song
No better place than in old Cullen for the porter,dancing, music and sing along.

I hear 'tis a changed place now Cullen few things and places stay the same
I once felt so at home in that part of Duhallow and many there I knew by name
But there I may now feel a stranger even in my father's Townland of Lisnaboy
Yet I can visualize familiar faces such good memories are mine to enjoy.

Of Cullen in distant Duhallow my love for the old place I retain
I walk in the fields of Lisnaboy and I visit the Village again
In fancy I hear the birds whistling and singing in the hedgerows in the Spring of the year
Though the changes are happening in Cullen as I am aware of and hear.

No comments:

Post a Comment