Tuesday, February 19, 2013

My Marvellous Earth Mother

The joy that I do find in Nature in words I could never express
I thank you my marvellous Earth Mother for giving me such happiness
I loved you when I was a young boy and I even love you more today
For the pleasure you have given to me you I cannot hope to repay
Your songbirds in your woodlands are singing it is such a beautiful day
In the green park your wild flowers are blooming and Summer just four days away
The artists try to capture your beauty on canvas the poets your praises do sing
They do try their best for to thank you for the pleasure to them you do bring
You've grown the great tree of the forest self sown from a tiny dark seed
Without you we would die as a species you supply us with our every need
Us people not unlike your Seasons we come to life and from life we go
To you we do owe our existence though little of your ways we know
I have loved her since I was a young boy and I will love her until my last day
And like every other mere mortal my remains in her bosom will lay.

No comments:

Post a Comment