Monday, February 18, 2013

One Addicted To Penning Stuff

I feel I'm not a poet or never pretended to be
And with self promotion as such I can't say that I agree
Though for many it does seem to work in the World of Today
For them self promotion it does seem to pay.

As we age some things from our young years with us does remain
The accent I was born into I still do retain
In my years living far from the Homeland it has not faded away
Perhaps till I die with me it will stay.

A little self confidence is good for self esteem
But too much of anything is not good it does seem
And too much self confidence to cockiness and arrogance lead
And an over inflated ego is some thing one does not need.

For anything I am not worthy of note
And 'tis not out of a false sense of modesty I say I am not a poet
I am just a bloke who pens reams of doggerel
One addicted to penning stuff he cannot sell.

No comments:

Post a Comment