Monday, February 18, 2013

I'd Like To Live To Be An Old Person

I'd like to live to be an old person but not to one hundred and three
In a nursing home frail and bedridden with nurses caring for me
To die healthy and active in your nineties would be quite a good way to go
In your sleep without pain or an ailment who wants to die in agony and slow?
I know I have lived most of my life the facts tell me so facts don't lie
Us humans like all other life forms are born to live and to die
We worry about little troubles 'tis said cancer can be caused by stress
Some rich people killed by their money they never know of happiness
They worry about their business transactions of money in deals they have lost
Their worries become too big for them and to their health comes at a cost
I don't ask for millions in money that might cause me great inner strife
I just want to live to be old, happy and healthy is that asking too much of life?
To die in my sleep in my nineties without knowing of suffering or pain
And the gift of memory I was born with I hope to the end to retain.

No comments:

Post a Comment