Tuesday, February 19, 2013

I Don't Want To Hear Of

I don't want to hear of your mates at the pub
Or of the latest success of your football club
Or of how many pots of beer you drunk last night
Can't say that your stories fill me with delight.

I don't want to hear of your marvellous love life
Of how many young women want to become your wife
You fancy yourself as a stud of renown
By women the most sought after man in his prime in the town.

You say I am jealous this well may be so
In my better years many decades ago
Can't recall one woman who see me as great
Such things in my life I don't have to celebrate.

Yet that aside your stories do bore me to tears
As I've listened to your sort for too many years
In self praise true worthiness I cannot see
Though others may see it quite different to me.

I don't want to hear of how marvellous you are
Or of your great job or of your new car
What you do in your life it does suit me fine
Though what goes with you is no business of mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment