Friday, September 23, 2011

Paddy Houlihan

The memories of home with him still remain
And he yearns to see old Brandon's face again
And hear on old oak tree by the quiet lane
The Bullfinch pipe to tell of coming rain.

An Irishman is all I'll ever be
And a Kerryman from Brandon near Tralee
And I support my County all the way
That's what the Kerry fellow Paddy say.

His life revolves around the Kerry team
And the famous Kerry footballers he's seen
The Sheehys, Mick O Connell, Mick O Dwyer
Of talking of them he doesn't seem to tire.

His favourite pub the Clifton Hill Hotel
And by all of the Irish there he is known well
And 'Twiggy' for him a given nickname
Though I might have a guess from where that came.

An Irish fellow told me I recall
That it came from the model 'Twiggy' as he is lean and tall
But his nickname never cause him much offence
As he has wisdom and a lot more sense.

A man of seventy through his dark hair much gray
And quite a character in his own way
And kindhearted and honest as can be
Is Paddy Houlihan from Brandon near Tralee.

No comments:

Post a Comment