Monday, September 26, 2011

Song Of A Woe Begotten Man

Wildflowers bloomed by hedgerow near roadway
As I walked up the by road through Belcray
And sun shone brightly on a summer's day
And songbirds piped flushed with the joys of May.

But I felt no good reason for to share
In the happiness around me everywhere
And my poor heart it ached for one I knew
For one I loved and always will love true.

My thoughts are of the raven haired Doreen
With sparkling blue eyes like the sunlit stream
'Twould be best for me if her I never met
As I love her still and her I can't forget.

This morning with her husband at her side
She knelt at altar rails a sweet young bride
And though invited I did not attend
As I'd show my feelings I'm not one to pretend.

A young man walks through Belcray upper bog
And at his side a lurcher hunting dog
And his only thought a good course of a hare
Wish I were him then I'd not have a care.

No comments:

Post a Comment