Thursday, September 29, 2011

The Greek People Across The Street

The Greek people across the street on their c d recorder play
The music of their homeland from the Islands far away
And often with the music I hear them sing along
Their culture remains with them their love of homeland strong.

The Greek people across the street wave to me as they drive by
Perhaps I ought to thank them for their music I enjoy
And if ever I get to talk to them perhaps to them I'll say
I could listen to your music every night and every day.

The Greek man and woman from across the street have a primary school going girl and boy
Beautiful dark haired children they seem so quiet and shy
yet every time they see me they smile and say hello
I'm just a bloke they often see and who by sight they know.

The Greek couple across the street are in their early thirties maybe
Perhaps they still feel nostalgic for their homeland beyond the sea
For every evening after tea Greek music I can hear
And it makes for pleasant listening to as I sit and drink a beer.

The Greek people across the street Greek music only play
They brought their culture with them from their Islands far away
The pleasant sounds waft to me every evening after tea
And perhaps I ought to thank them for the joy they give to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment