Sunday, September 25, 2011

Why Should I Waste My Future On Regret

I do not feel sad that my better days are behind me and I do not wish for to be young again
But I'll make the most of what time I am granted and my only wish that good health with me remain
Until the reaper on me pays a visit the reaper whom so many seem to dread
It would be nice to go to sleep one evening and die a painless death in one's own bed.

I have grown tired of hearing people saying that so and so had a good life and lived for eighty years
How could he have had a good life if he had known great heartbreaks and he was one who shed his grief in tears
How could they say that the man enjoyed a good life if in an accident he'd lost his kids and wife
Some people find it hard to differentiate between a very long and a good life.

Not much point in living beyond your eighties if you feel haunted by bad memories
Of your brave young mates who bravely fought beside you and who died in battle far beyond the seas,
You left the army without any counselling and of needless guilt you never have been free
And even in your old age you still wonder how come they died and how come the lucky one was me?

I do not regret that my prime years are behind me for why should I waste my future on regret
But I'll make the most of what time I've been granted for there's lots of life in my ageing body yet
And when the reaper finally will take me perhaps some one who knows me may recall
My life and say he lived to be a good age and he did not seem a bad sort after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment