Thursday, January 31, 2013

Perhaps I'd Feel Like A Stranger

Perhaps I'd feel like a stranger in Millstreet today
And in Claraghatlea my old Homeplace far away
The people I know there like me showing time's decay
And our biological clocks ever ticking away.

The boy of the fifties now showing his years in gray
And time does not wait for anyone as some are known to say
The future unknown and we all have a past
And few things as they were ever seem to last.

But the old fields I once knew would still look the same
I recall that some of them had a given name
The skylark is carolling as upwards he flies
As I walk in the old fields when I visualize.

Where the Cails and Finnow meet and forever flow
To the Blackwater at Drishane by ditch and hedgerow
But perhaps I'd feel a stranger now as I'd walk up and down
The West End and Main Street of old Millstreet Town.

No comments:

Post a Comment