Friday, January 25, 2013

Am I Any Different To The Rabbit Or Hare

Though the ravages of time on me physically show
So little of life and of Nature I know
What hair I have on my head is looking rather gray
And clearly I have known a far better day.

This Planet with other life forms we do share
Am I any different to the rabbit or hare?
Like them I was born to live and then die
The facts tell us that and facts never lie.

The praises of celebrities and V I P's we may sing
But for them like the bird there is a final Spring
Like the cricket who lives in the crack in the wall
To the scythe of the Reaper we too have to fall.

We honour those that we look up to as great
And their successes see fit for to celebrate
But they are mere mortals despite their renown
They too have to die like the poor of the town.

If tomorrow I don't wake to the light of day
You who do know of me of me only say
He lived and then died like the rose of the Fall
But in life he believed on a fair go for all.

No comments:

Post a Comment