Wednesday, January 30, 2013

One Well May Describe Me

One well may describe me as quite a rhyme buff
And I'm one of those who has penned heaps of stuff
That literary critics dismiss as mere doggerel
The type of stuff I pen is the type that doesn't sell.

I never refer to myself as a poet
Or neither am I one of literary note
I just have this addiction that compels me to write
The stuff that few bother for to read or recite.

The passing of the Seasons has left me looking gray
And physically I've known a far better day
But I want to live for as long as I can
And die in my sleep as a very old man.

I've loved Mother Nature since I was a boy
A blessing in life that is mine to enjoy
In Nature there is so much beauty to see
It is all around us on land and on sea.

Compared to some my crosses not heavy to bear
Though I'm into my sixties and showing life's wear
An ageing poetaster often racked by self doubt
Though I'm never short of things to write about.

No comments:

Post a Comment