Wednesday, November 28, 2012

I've Never Said I Was A Poet

I've never said i was a poet though I've written a whole heap of stuff
I am just an old fashioned rhymer my rhymes at the best of times rough
I suffer a penning addiction my penance for my Earthly Hell
Until The Reaper claims the life from me i will be penning doggerel
Far north in the fields of my young years in Claraghatlea by Millstreet Town
I thought that i might become famous i daydreamed of literary renown
But daydreams always will be daydreams and daydreams do seldom come true
And the reality of the matter is we receive from life what we are due,
I do love the Goddess of Nature and of my love for her I'd never lie
I've loved her since i was a young fellow and i will till the day that i die
The only God that i do know of her beauty is all around me
Her beauty changes with the Seasons her beauty that's for all to see
I am just your average poetaster but in saying that i am all too aware
That this does not afford me any status as my type have never been rare.

No comments:

Post a Comment