Friday, November 30, 2012

For Just To Be Happy

I've bred and raced greyhounds played Junior Gaelic Football
And any success in life i have not known at all
I have daydreamed a lot and I've penned doggerel
Is there such a place as the Poetasters Hell?

But it does not bother me that I"ve not enjoyed success
Since my greatest desire is to know of happiness
Of fame and wealth i am sure i would tire
Just to be fairly happy is all i desire.

It"s been awhile now since I"ve heard the old rill
Babbling by the hedgerow in the field by the hill
The past may be gone but the memories remain
And in fancy i visit home places again.

It doesn"t bother me that little of my life I"ve made
And for just to be happy my memories I"d trade
The boy of the fifties is now looking gray
And the clock on my life it is ticking away.

No comments:

Post a Comment