Thursday, November 29, 2012

A Young Woman Trying To Save The Whales

A Young woman trying to save the Whales in old Port Fairy Town
A volunteer for Greenpeace she did not seek Earthly Renown
She asked me to become a Greenpeace Member for a dollar a day
But a dollar a day i could not afford that does seem sad to say.

She is trying to save the great Whales from the worst possible fate
I could not afford to help her though her cause is surely great
Not every day of my life one like her i do meet
So brave and faithful to her cause and one without conceit.

More than six billion people on the Planet that does seem a lot to me
And so close to extinction the great mammals of the sea
Which makes the young woman i met in Port Fairy a special one indeed
In her fight to save the great Whales i hope she does succeed.

A dark haired beauty in her late twenties she said she had a son
I could not help her cause in a financial way only say to her well done
For such a great and worthy cause she gives of her time unselfishly
And in my memory she is one who will remain with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment