Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Everyone For Him Or Herself

Everyone for him or herself and it"s God for us all
Those wise words from my Boyhood years i do recall
The one who told me that he was an old man
One who was in the late twilight of his life span
For fifty years that old bloke is with the dead
And nothing about him now written or said
Yet the words everyone for herself or himself with me does remain
Old sayings such as this in memory we retain
Everyone for himself or herself and God for us all
From one who was old and gray
His words have lived on with me i remember them today
It surely is a hard old World the bigger World out there
Where many do grow poorer for every new millionaire
Everyone for him or herself and God for us all
I remember the old man and his words i do recall.

No comments:

Post a Comment