Saturday, November 24, 2012

If I Told You Differently

I've been cursed at kicked and my face punched but all of this i did survive
And in my sixty first year perhaps lucky to be alive
I never had a glory hour my better days long gone
Life for me seems a battle and still i battle on.

Many I've met on my life's journey have only wished me well
Whilst a few less complimentary wish me an Earthly Hell
The derogatory words of the cruel hearted can feel hurtful to one's pride
But the good and not so good in life one must take in one's stride.

Of any successes in my life i do not have to tell
I am just your average poetaster one who pens doggerel
The jingles living in my brain keep jingling all the time
I've written reams and reams of stuff since i was in my prime.

There are millions worse off than me in the bigger World out there
Where millions do grow poorer for every new millionaire
Compared to them I'm lucky so many much worse off than me
'Tis a hard road from Poverty Street for those in poverty.

For to be a slipshod rhymer is not a claim to fame
And in the World of Literature mine is an unknown name
But I'll be penning doggerel until the day i die
For if i told you differently then that would be a lie.

No comments:

Post a Comment