Friday, November 30, 2012

If In My Life Only

If in my life only one poem i did write
That at a Poetry Reading someone would recite
One short poem worth reciting credited to my name
For one like me that would be sufficent fame.

One might say I've written a whole heap of stuff
Just old fashioned rhyme though not quite good enough
For in the changing World of the twenty first century
No fool like an old fool the old fool is me.

My better days in life sad to say are long gone
But i am addictive i keep penning on
I am not a poet of that why should i lie
But I'll be penning rhymes till the day that i die.

Call me an ordinary rhymer or a man of song
The rhymes from my pen just keep jingling along
I penned my first verses in seventy three
And that my best days are behind me does not worry me.

No comments:

Post a Comment