Wednesday, November 28, 2012

I Only Fear The Thought Of Death

I do not fear death it is the thought of it i do fear
And of the death of one i know when i read of or hear
I think of my mortality and time on us doesn't wait
For with the dreaded Reaper i too do have a date
When the Reaper claims the life from me i hope it will be quick
I hope that i won't suffer on for weeks on end feeling very sick
I hope that in a slow painful death Karma will not punish me
I only can live in the now what's ahead i cannot see
It is the thought of death i only fear and that may apply to most
But to the Grim Reaper perhaps we ought to drink a toast
Since he does not differentiate any life he does not spare
He takes the life of the pauper and the monarch and of the billionaire
And though only a small percentage of people of years reach the five score
I only fear the thought of death just that and nothing more.

No comments:

Post a Comment