Sunday, September 18, 2011

Homesick Cullen Man

The blackbirds sing their songs of joy
In the green groves of Lisnaboy
And orange breast robin pipes his tune
And countless wildflowers are in bloom.

In the handball alley boys play ball
They palm the ball against the wall
I close my eyes my mind can hear
Their happy laughter the voice of cheer.

In my dreams I see the sun at dawn
Light up the green fields of Ahane
And hear a freshening Irish breeze
Make music in the Cullen trees.

And my true love is blooming there
With bright blue eyes and nut brown hair
In Cullen Village she reside
The one I love my future bride.

Next year when I've my fortune made
I'll quit my job and down my spade
Go home to Cullen build a house
And make the one I love my spouse.

And we will live the happy life
Me and my lovely Cullen wife
And I shall know no care or woe
Near where Araglen waters flow.

No comments:

Post a Comment