Friday, June 15, 2012

Show Me

Like every other battler I know of mental pain
I've scribbled reams of verses and bugger all's my gain
What I write is not poetry perhaps not good enough
Some refer to it as doggerel and others call it stuff.

But show me something worth fighting for and for it I will fight
And show me something worth writing for and for it I will write
I do not sing for millionaires or heroes old or young
Their praises have been sung about and I sing for the unsung.

I'd rather not to hear you say that all in life is fair
Perhaps you ought to go and live in the other World out there
And go to a refugee camp and live like a refugee
How can you talk of choices if you've not known poverty?

When you tell me all in life is fair I do not wish to hear
On that matter what my views are to you I have made clear
That for one to grow wealthy many must grow poorer you see that as okay
You are entitled to your views though I oppose what you say.

Like every other battler I just want to battle on
I just want to go on living though my better days are gone
Show me something worth fighting for and for it I will fight
And I will do my outmost best for to try and put it right.

No comments:

Post a Comment