Sunday, June 24, 2012

So Often I've Tried

So often I've tried to make sense of my life
The cares of the present and the inner strife
That seems part of life in the twenty first century
And in that respect so many others no different to me.

So many I've known back to Nature have gone
But night follows day and life it goes on
The fate they have known awaits one such as i
We all are mere mortals just born to die.

Why bother to worry about our lack of success
Since such will not guarantee us happiness
And what does it matter success anyway
Since we are mere mortals and we must die one day.

We need a few laughs for to brighten our day
Just to keep our black dogs of despair at bay
If with you a sad face you carry to everywhere you go
You are the one others do not wish to know.

To make sense of my life so often I've tried
And my true self from others i manage to hide
I've learned so little though my hair is quite gray
And i too will return to Nature one day.

No comments:

Post a Comment