Saturday, June 30, 2012

I Cannot Change The World

I cannot change the World no matter how i try
The only one that i can change is the person known as i
Big Multinational bureaucrats are ruling every town
Why bother wasting energy in trying to drag them down.

Just let them be tall poppies in pursuit of their greed
'Tis their way of seeking recognition and recognition we all need
So many must grow poorer for every new millionaire
But what's the point in saying that life can be unfair.

I've got to stop competing with the Joneses next door
And carry on with my life just as i did before
They don't worry about me since they do their own thing
And why should i sing their praises when their own praises they sing.

I cannot change the World so I'll let the World be
The only one that I can change is the person known as me
The sparrows in the backyard squabble over a crust of bread
They must be feeling hungry the hungry must be fed.

No comments:

Post a Comment