Saturday, June 30, 2012

Why Bow

Why bow to pope or president or why bow to queen or king
For to bow to anybody is a subservient thing
When they are only mere mortals the same as you or i
The clock is ticking on their lives and one day they too must die.

To you i may sound arrogant but that's me i suppose
The pig in his piggery can't be smelling like a rose
I may seem rough around the edges but for that i won't apologize
I'd only say sir to one with his gun pointing at me and does that not seem wise?

I'd only bow to someone for to protect my life
If he said bow or i will stab you with my deadly pocket knife
In such an instance of course i'd bow or so would anyone
Our fear of death is our greatest fear when all is said and done.

Why bow to anybody though respect one and all
When to the reaper's mighty scythe we are destined to fall
You create your tall poppies and homage to them pay
But only at the point of a gun 'sir' would i be forced to say.

No comments:

Post a Comment