Tuesday, June 26, 2012

That Is Their Business

What some others say of me i have been made aware
But since i never do them any harm why should i even care
Since that is their business and their business not mine
I do my own thing and i get along fine.

Some small minded people in every small town
The middle sized poppies trying to drag the small poppies down
They treat every new person they see with suspicion and fear
They are the victims of localization or so 'twould appear.

Take people as you find them with those words I agree
And what others think of me means nothing to me
And though half truths of others we never should say
We all can be judgemental in our own way.

If they feel that my business is their business with me that's okay
But for my own loaf of bread at the grocery i pay
I am just an ageing bugger who has knocked around
Stranded like an injured migratory bird far from his home-ground.

I am not a criminal i don't wish on others ill
And since i am one who has to pay my own bill
I live my own way and i do my own thing
And to my life till the reaper claims me i will cling.

No comments:

Post a Comment