Friday, June 15, 2012

Why Should I

Why should I yearn for the the past and the beauty I have seen
When in the restless soul of mine the far off hills look green
My past is by those Northern hills from here so far away
The present is what matter now and the present is today.

The magpie pipes on a gum tree in the beautiful sunlight
And lorikeets of many hues make for a pretty sight
The dark winged swallows above the Park are singing as they fly
And scarce a gray cloud to be seen amongst the deep blue sky.

I'm not a patriot or a poet but to Nature I belong
The beauty that surrounds me now would stir a poet to song
For Nature has inspired the poets in Seasons now long gone
But they too have gone the way of time and Nature she lives on.

Why should I pine for what has been the past now is the past
I had my youth and enjoyed my prime but nothing seems to last
The present is what matter most live for the here and now
How sweetly does the shrike thrush sing on the acacia bough.

No comments:

Post a Comment