Thursday, April 25, 2013

Davy Hopeful

A family and wife to support and he has been re-trenched today for him another no good day
With jobs so few and job seekers so many his chances of finding work are slim or so it would seem that way
Yet he refuses for to let it get to him you ask him how are things he says okay
The times may be bad but me and mine will get by and to worry I will not be turning gray
He lives up to his name of Davy Hopeful like it is said cannot keep a good one down
He says the future surely will be better there are many worse off than me in this town
My wife and children are healthy and happy I do not have a reason to complain
Things could be worse I am one of the lucky and better times we'll surely see again
His search for work has not brought him any success the unemployed now are many and the jobs are few
But tomorrow again for work he'll be searching life's challenges to him are nothing new
He laughs and says being unemployed is a mixed blessing since I have had to cut back on the beer
The licensee of the local pub I pity financially for him it is a disastrous year
He lives up to his name of Davy Hopeful he always has a big smile on his face
He won't be losing any sleep to worry and laughter is a thing he does embrace.

No comments:

Post a Comment