Friday, April 26, 2013

Begrudging People

Begrudging People I don't have the time for the misfortunes of others they do celebrate
As people they are really not worth knowing though I have come across a few of late
Of others successes they seem very envious though suppose they cannot help it since that is their way
With them I cannot hold a conversation such people never make anyone's day
Begrudging people grow older but not wiser though suppose they cannot help the way they are
And sad to think for me to meet one I need not have to travel very far
I do my very best to avoid him since he is one I'd prefer not to meet
He has earned himself the worthless reputation as the most begrudging person on the street
Suppose on every street there is one like him one who suffers of a low sense of self esteem
Though any of us are not anywhere near to perfect some are more flawed than others it does seem
And begrudging people are more flawed than most are to the higher self they never can be true
And if you cannot pay due respect to others then respect it will never be your due
I live quite close to one begrudging fellow though of his type I know of at least a few
And to say the least I find them uninteresting and in that I'm not saying anything that's new.

No comments:

Post a Comment