Monday, April 22, 2013

On Michael And Margaret Dineens Golden Jubilee Wedding

I see a photo of them on their golden jubilee
On the Millstreet Web Site
A couple that I visually did know
On Sundays they used to attend eleven o clock mass in Millstreet
When I was younger many years ago.

Fifty years together such a great achievement
In human years that is a lengthy span
Michael and Margaret Dineen their marriage is a great story
Of devotion between a woman and a man.

In church their teenage children always with them
Their photograph brought back memories to me
Of when I was a young man in Duhallow
Before the bigger World I went to see.


They now live in Hegarty St in Millstreet
From Ivale in Kilcorney that's not far away
They may have aged a bit as one would expect
Though I still would recognize them in the flesh today.

Photos of faces from the past we knew well or by sight knew
Never seems to fail for to stir a memory
Of bygone days when we were fitter and younger
But life goes on that's how 'tis meant to be.

Fifty years of marriage well worth celebrating
Such an achievement few can hope to emulate
Margaret and Michael they have done themselves proud
And they sure do have something to celebrate.

No comments:

Post a Comment