Friday, December 28, 2012

I Was Born And Raised In Ireland

I was born and raised in Ireland in North Cork near Millstreet Town
And it has been awhile believe me since my hair it was dark brown
I have done a bit of travelling far south of Hibernia's Shore
Far from where old Clara Mountain overlooks green Claramore
Many of those I grew up with I may never see again
But fond memories of old friendships till my end I will retain
We went on different life journeys in Duhallow some did stay
Whilst others just as I do from home live far away
I first fell in love with Nature when I was a Schoolgoing boy
Recognizing birds by their songs was a thing I did enjoy
The finches and the robin, wren, blackbird and song thrush
When flowers of Spring were in the old fields sung on hedge and tree and bush
But memories are all I have left of the past forever gone
And time as ever in a hurry and the clock is ticking on.

No comments:

Post a Comment