Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Don't Ask Me About Poets And Poetry

Don't ask me for my opinions on poets and poetry
For of such little i can claim to know
Every writer to the wordsmith trade contributes
And from humble beginnings every legend grow.

The debate now on about blank verse and rhyme poetry
On such my thoughts one can say are well known
But everyone as such have their opinions
And like 'tis often said to each their own.

I'm not qualified to say what is good poetry
Or I'm not qualified to say who is a good poet
That i will leave to the literary experts
To say who they think are worthy of note.

Many famous poets died as paupers
And that does seem such a sad thing to say
To them now it is not of any value
If their poems are read and recited today.

Don't ask me for my opinions on poetry
Since on literature i do not have a degree
Of good poets there have never been many
At least that's how it does seem to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment