Saturday, December 29, 2012

On Semaphore Road

Nothing better I'd like than spend an hour or more
Sipping coffee in a cafe in old Semaphore
In a place I could live in until my last day
In that Town by saltwater in view of Largs Bay.

On Semaphore Road a long and wide street
Such likeable characters one often does meet
Of every background and of every Race
They help for to make Semaphore such an endearing place.

On Semaphore Road great characters I've met and seen
To a more memorable place I can say I've not been
You visit there once you return to there again
Fond memories of that old Town with me remain.

Great characters always one does meet and see
On Semaphore Road that leads down to the sea
Where the voices of the silver gulls and the pee wee
In the park by the ocean are calling to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment