Friday, December 21, 2012

Facts You Should Believe

A gray haired scraggly looking fellow is all you can see
But i am not what you think i am when looking at me
You cannot look into the thoughts of my mind
Like you i too have a soul and i too can be kind.

A young person in life you have some way to go
And little of others you hardly would know
You seem to dismiss me as a crabbed old man
But i too can be judgemental believe me i can.

I'm too old for playing mind games those days with me long gone
I feel happy enough just to be living on
Just one more mere mortal who was born to die
None do live forever the facts never lie.

The stuff that i write i cannot hope to sell
I"m just one more aging poetaster who pens doggerel
I am not what you think i am for looks can deceive
And that too is a fact and facts you should believe.

No comments:

Post a Comment