Sunday, December 30, 2012

I Have Been On Life's Road

I have been on life's road for many years now my life's road that to nowhere does lead
But perhaps 'tis the negative streak I possess is the reason I fail to succeed
At achieving what I set out to achieve I now seem further from wealth and renown
Than when I was younger happy and carefree in Claraghatlea near Millstreet Town
But a strong bond to Nature to this day I retain and that cannot be a bad thing
And I always do feel a great sense of joy when-ever I hear a bird sing
I may not have known any success in my life of such I have failed in the test
But many must lose for one for to win and I feel that I gave it my best
My life's road it never did lead me to success at least not in the majority's eyes
But in your mind you can be anyone you wish to be it's not hard for to visualize
The Reaper does never stop swinging his scythe the great trees eventually fall
On the billionaire like the pauper there is a use by date a last day for one and for all
I have been on life's road for many years now the road that leads me to nowhere
But I'm not alone there are billions like me in the bigger World out there.

No comments:

Post a Comment