Tuesday, July 31, 2012

The Only God To Me

I first fell in love with her more than fifty years ago
My green Goddess of Nature the only God I know
The presence of her beauty surrounds me every day
In praise of Mother Nature words I don't have to say,
In their words the Nature Goddess the poets have glorified
And the artists on their canvas have sketched her Countryside,
Her rivers and her woodland her oceans and her land
Her mountains and her deserts thousands of miles of sand,
Us people like her Seasons we merely come and go
But she goes on forever nor young or old don't grow
She feeds the World's people the Goddess of the Land and Seas
And her wild birds sing and whistle on her bushes and her trees,
Her beauty all around me is everywhere to see
She is the Nature Goddess the only God to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment