Saturday, July 28, 2012

Babe Han

She was a middle aged woman when I was a young man
The wife of Willie Riordan the lovable Babe Han
A sister of Maimie Twomey's who keeps on keeping on
Though sad to say from Millstreet Town Babe Han forever gone.

I remember I last met her coming from Mallow on the train
We chatted all of the way to Millstreet that memory with me does remain
And that was twenty years ago back then she did seem old
Yet so much to like about her she had a heart of gold.

In the Duhallow Town of Millstreet she was known by one and all
And good memories of the good woman are not hard to recall
Down to earth and unconceited she always said hello
And she had some marvellous stories of Millstreet long ago.

She was an ageing woman when I was a young man
And she lived on to a ripe old age her's was a lengthy span
She lived a simple lifestyle she never yearned for fame
An old citizen of Millstreet Town and Babe Han was her name.

No comments:

Post a Comment