Tuesday, July 31, 2012

For Thinking A Little Bit Differently

I've had my moments of self loathing and I've had my moments of self doubt
But penning stuff is such great theraphy and one is never short of things to write about
Tis not for wealth that I keep on writing or for recognition or fame
And if some dismiss me as a poetaster it should not mean I should hide in shame,
For every poet many poetasters at least that's how it does seem to me
I do not seek your praise or your scorn and I do not seek your sympathy
I've always been a man of my own mind I don't follow the leader of the flock
But life for me is not all rosy I have taken many a knock,
Still my own opinions are my own despite what some of me do say
If I am dismissed as a ratbag that is the price one has to pay
For not going along with the main flock my trust and respect hard to gain
For thinking a little bit differently do I always have to explain,
I never seek power over others and my opinions are strictly my own
I speak out at every perceived injustice and on that my opinions are known.

No comments:

Post a Comment