Sunday, July 29, 2012

Changes In Cullen

I hear there are changes in Cullen and few people there I would know
It has been awhile now since I've been there perhaps twenty Summers ago
The babes then are now young men and women and the Seasons they come and they go
Yet through the old fields by the Village the Araglen to the Blackwater flow,
In Cullen some fine gaelic speakers who conversed in the gaelic tongue
And in the old pubs in the Village the old songs and ballads were sung
And when Dansil played his accordion the dancers they took to the floor
But the changes keep happening in Cullen and famed Dansil a memory of yore
I have such fond memories of Cullen in Duhallow from here far away
But the passing of time does bring changes and there I would be a stranger today
But suppose one must live in the present since the past it has forever gone
Though they still have their feast day of Latiaran and that old tradition lives on
And despite my Seasons of absence fond memories with me do remain
Of Cullen in distant Duhallow and there in fancy I visit again.

No comments:

Post a Comment