Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Nora Sullivan

In their cottage in Claraghatlea she lived with her only brother Dan
And she was way beyond mid life when I was a young man
Her name was Nora Sullivan one who was good and kind
And people of her type are rare and always hard to find.

She lived to a fairly good age and though her I'm never more to see
The mental pictures of her are etched in my memory
A mentor of my childhood years and a privilege to know
I spoke to her for the last time some twenty years ago.

She was a devout lady and religious in a good way
And of any other person she never had bad to say
When I return to Millstreet I will not see her again
But good and fond memories of her till my own end I'll retain.

I always will remember her for her warm smile and kind eyes
And she was an honest person so honourable and wise
The pathway to a moral life she always did pursue
And to her God and her higher self she always was so true.

No comments:

Post a Comment