Saturday, July 28, 2012

Joe Sullivan

Joe Sullivan I always will remember he died quite young of years perhaps a few with the two score
And sad to think that he will never more drive on the roadway from Millstreet to Rathmore
I found it so sad to read of his passing an accident caused his premature end
He will be sadly missed by all who knew him and to many people he was a good friend.

A son of Peggy and of the late Finbarr his early death is such a tragedy
He will be grieved by his mother and his siblings he is a huge loss to his family
And to the Millstreet Community in general since there isn't anyone to take his place
He surely did deserve a better ending from Claraghatlea his will be a missed face.

So down to earth and generous and helpful there was so much to like about in Joe
In Claraghatlea he was one that I knew well when I lived there a few decades ago
The good die young is surely true in his case I never thought that him I would outlive
He seems so young to be laying in St Mary's when he had so much to offer and to give.

News of his death a news I did not wish to read of it brought a lot of sadness to my day
Joe Sullivan gone from Claraghatlea forever he did not live on for to grow old and gray
He was one who was generous and kindhearted and to help others her went out of his way
And he did a lot of good in his too brief life of him that would be only fair to say.

No comments:

Post a Comment