Thursday, August 25, 2011

Rhyme Of A Stateless Fellow

So many rhymes and doggerels i've written
Since I first started writing back in seventy three
And I was twenty seven I remember
And the years and time have left their mark on me.

I fancied myself as a man of letters
Though I did not have a literary degree
But now some decades and some seasons later
The folly of my dreamings I can see.

A migrant truly is a Stateless fellow
Though he left his homeland of his own free will
And I'm still a so called citizen of Ireland
But a long, long way from here to Clara hill.

I have great love for this great land Australia
And I have seen bits of this big country
But one could travel through Australia for five decades
And all of this vast land they would not see.

I've thought about getting an Aussie passport
And on paper change my nationality
But I don't speak or act like an Australian
And a paper Aussie is all I would be.

And for now I will remain a Stateless fellow
A Stateless fellow of my own free will
And I'm still a so called citizen of Ireland
But a long, long way from here to Clara hill.

No comments:

Post a Comment