Sunday, August 26, 2012

Perhaps I'd Feel A Stranger

Perhaps I'd feel a stranger now in the Town of Millstreet
A stranger in Pound Hill or Minor Row
A stranger in the Tanyard or Murphy's Terrace
Not many in the old Town now I'd know.

A stranger in the Station Road and Church Street
A stranger in the Square or in Main Street
A stranger at the Bridge or at the West end
A stranger at Clara View  and a stranger now to everyone I'd meet

In Millview Lane or Inchaleigh's old Townland
And in my old Townland of Claraghatlea
The memories of what was in me is fading
And I feel out of touch and I live far away

From people I knew and friends I grew up with
And though them again I never more may see
I will always have good memories of their friendships
And life goes on for them as well as me.

No comments:

Post a Comment