Friday, August 31, 2012

I Do Not Write

I do not write for reasons aligned to wealth and fame
And writing of verse for me has been a 'hungry belly game'
I am one of those addicted to the penning of rhyme
Though in a Land of free speech that cannot be a crime.

It matters little to me at my time of life if I'm not good enough
I am just one of many who has written reams of stuff
'Twould seem that our very existence we all must justify
But better to try and to not be successful than never for to try.

I have written a whole pile of stuff and I add to it every day
On Nature and life in general there's always so much to say
And no shortage of subject matter on which to write about
But on my ability as a writer I do have serious doubt.

In school a below average pupil I was not a clever boy
But in my late twenties I took up writing rhyme a thing I do enjoy
I have reached my sixth decade and I am showing the wear of time
One more addictive rhymer three decades beyond my prime.

I do not write for money and I will never know renown
Just an ageing addictive rhymer in an ordinary town
One who has seen a better day and far from my Homeland shore
I write just for the love of it just that and nothing more.

No comments:

Post a Comment