Thursday, August 30, 2012

On An Email From Frankie Reen

An email from a fellow for years I had not seen
A schoool friend from the past decades the likeable Frankie Reen
His daughters now young women and time keeps ticking on
On looking back the decades where have the years to gone?

The young and dashing Frankie Reen is one I can recall
For Millstreet and Cork County he played Gaelic Football
Well liked and well respected far beyond Millstreet Town
Yet he never hogged the limelight or felt proud of his renown.

He had great news to tell me of his lovely wife Marie
Of the illness that affected her 'tis good to hear she's free
Good things happen for good people that's how it ought to be
And fortune do favour the brave with that most would agree.

An email from one Frankie Reen one from my old home-place
Where I had lived for many years and mine was a known face
I've not been there for twenty years and time keeps ticking by
On looking back it does not seem that long the Seasons seem to fly.

An email from a school friend Frankie Reen all with him seems okay
For Millstreet in the green and gold some great games he did play
From Claraghatlea my old Townland from here so far away
From where he lives he can see Clara Mountain every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment