Monday, August 27, 2012

I May Be

I may be getting older and decades past my prime
And I may seem very ordinary a man of slipshod rhyme
But with the wealthy and influential I will share a common fate
On each and everyone of us there is a use by date.

The years have left me weary though of life I have not tired
And for to write just one more doggerel I only feel inspired
To the goddess of poetastry I have always remained true
And I too will receive the karma the karma I am due.

I do feel very lucky since I do feel aware
Of the suffering of the have nots of the bigger World out there
The millions dying of malnutrition in Lands ravaged by war and disease
And the homeless and the forsaken and the poor refugees

Of the refugees camps of the World where their numbers grow and grow
People forced to flee their Homelands stuck with nowhere else to go
For to seek asylum they are not wanted anywhere
Any dreams they have had of a better life are shattered perhaps beyond repair.

I may be getting older one without success for to show
For my six decades of existence and I've so much to learn and know
About the World around me and millions worse off than I
For I will have shelter and enough to eat and drink until the day I die.

No comments:

Post a Comment