Friday, October 28, 2011

Visions Of Home

The sad music that is playing
Puts my lonely heart to straying
Far across the deep blue sea
Some faint voice is calling me.

It's the voice of my homeland
Reaching, reaching out it's hand
Calling me to come back home
To where I once was better known.

Tonight my lonely mind is filled
With visions of my home land hills
Of it's valleys fair and still,
Of it's rippling streams and rills.

Visions of a mother's face
Giving me a last embrace
Running down her cheeks like rain
Were little sorrowed tears of pain.

Oh but how was I to know
That day when I left to go
As she stood there by the door
That I would not see her face no more.

In a cemetery she lay
Many, many miles away
The only memory of her that remain
Is a grave stone that wear her name.

Wanderlust caused me to stray
From my homeland far away
From the hills about my home
Far across the sea to roam.

All this liquor in my belly
Makes my poor head feel like jelly
Wish that juke box would stop playing
And my mind it would stop straying.

Better leave this cursed bar
I have drunk too much by far
Better go back to my room
And overcome this awful gloom.

No comments:

Post a Comment