Thursday, October 27, 2011

Beauty Goes With Her

Her eyes like her skin shade a nuggety brown
And she's not a local this not her home town
And her hair straight and dark as the wing of a crow
And beauty goes with her where ever she go.

Her homeland in distance may seem far away
But she does not pine for the streets of Bombay
The masses of people, the smoke and the noise
And there's far less pollution in southern skies.

Her beautiful accent in my memory stay
I feel I could listen to her speak all day
So down to earth and charming and without any guile
And her snow white teeth gleam as she flashes her great smile.

I hope in our town that she will spend her life
For one lucky local she'd make a great wife
The same boring faces and accents I see and I hear
And they do need an influx of foreign blood here.

An exotic dusky beauty with shoulder length dark hair
To our town she is like a breath of fresh air,
A loss to Bombay to our town a huge gain
And I hope in our midst she'll see fit to remain.

No comments:

Post a Comment