Sunday, October 23, 2011

Jack Iversen

For years I've had this notion in my head
That all kind and helpful people were long dead
But in Wonthaggi I now know of one
At the end of Loch street there's Jack Iversen.

I have yet to meet a person quite so nice
And I first got to know him through Miss Janette Price
So easy going and with life much at ease
And his greateast mission for to help out and please.

He told me his dad seldom saw sunshine
That he worked down the Wonthaggi coal mine
And the coalminer works hard for every pay
And he earns his living in the hardest way.

And though Jack has always worked in the light of day
He too earn his living in the hardest way
From an early age he learnt to bend his back
And nothing easy ever came to Jack.

He mowed my lawn and I did not even ask
And the grass was high a hard and toilsome task
And when I came back home I scarce could believe my eyes
To see my grass cut quite a big surprise.

I've had this silly notion in my head
That all kind and helpful people were long dead
But this world of good people not bereft
And like Jack Iversen there's still a couple left.

No comments:

Post a Comment