Thursday, March 22, 2012

We Are Going To The Distant Village

Though some people I've told they've said to me to such places people go to for to die
We are going to the distant Village the cat and the old Dear and I
A Village surrounded by brown paddocks with the smell and the bleatings of sheep
We are going there for only one reason the houses to buy there are cheap.

A Village in the middle of nowhere that never will grow to a Town
Without many trees and lacking in beauty and without any claim to renown
Far from where the huge surf waves are rolling I will miss the roar of the sea
And I will miss the cries of the sea birds and I will miss the coastal Country.

Yet some very positive people well traveled as well as Worldly wise
Say the change of scenery will be good for me and I'll see the World with fresher eyes
And that I'll get used of my new surroundings and in the Village make a friend or two
You'll have distant mountains to gaze on and you will grow to like the view.

I was raised by northern mountains far inland from the ocean shore
By an old stream that rippled through old fields that had it's source at Claramore
I have travelled a bit of the World though others more Countries have seen
I will get used of life in the brown Country where only the gum trees look green.

I am going to the distant Village with our ageing cat and my old Dear
Surrounded by brown and bare paddocks where saltwater is nowhere near
And I will miss the roar of the surf waves and I will miss the fresh ocean spray
And I will grow old in the Village the Village from here far away.

No comments:

Post a Comment