Saturday, March 31, 2012

I'm On The Road To Nowhere

I'm on the road to nowhere 'tis all uphill from here
The past is gone forever 'tis the future that I fear
And every day that I live is nearer to my end
And that I do not fear the thought of dying I never do pretend.

My past is gone forever fading memories of it only left
And of any hope of a better future I feel utterly bereft
Like a broken winded old horse I quickly seem to tire
About me there is nothing that others might admire.

A stranger in the town I live in and a stranger on my street
And everyone to me a stranger yes everyone I meet
The bird into the hedgerow it quietly crawls to die
He goes to meet the reaper and one day so will I.

Words of praise and condemnation are all the same to me
I feel empty of all feelings as empty as can be
The rhymes I pen are slipdshod them I could never sell
Just one more old poetaster a man of doggerel.

I do not like the egotistical they surely bother me
They have the ugly traits of Humankind they lack in humility
I see them all around me they seek their own renown
They even seek advantage by putting others down.

I'm on the road to nowhere the high hill of me ahead
A lowbrow of the have nots of me it can be said
That I too had my chances but I left them go by
And thinking of the future is something I do not enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment